Grandma Stories

Discussion in 'Kids Special' started by NATHIYAMOHANRAJA, Dec 19, 2018.

1. NATHIYAMOHANRAJA

NATHIYAMOHANRAJA Well-Known Member

HOME MAKER
    The Donkey and The Grasshopper

A poor donkey was not happy with his voice. One summer day, while grazing in a field, he was captivated by the delightful music of the grasshopper. 'What is it that you eat that allows you to give off a sound like that?' he asked one of them.

'Dew,' answered the grasshopper, joking.

'That's what I need,' thought the donkey. So he went on eating grass with great enthusiasm for the rest of his life, especially at dawn, when it was covered with dew. His voice never changed, but luckily, nature had bestowed on him a healthy appetite.

2. NATHIYAMOHANRAJA

HOME MAKER
    The Dog with The Little Bell

There was once a dog which had the bad habit of biting anyone who came within its reach.

For this reason, its master hung a little bell on the liar around its neck, so that everybody would be warned of the dog's approach and could take care not to get too close to its somewhat fearsome teeth and extremely powerful jaws.

The dog was very proud of its little bell and liked to boast that the tinkle of it scared men away. A wise old dog, however, warned it, 'The bell resounds to your shame not to your glory.

The little dog immediately removed the bell.

3. NATHIYAMOHANRAJA

HOME MAKER
    The Dog, The Cockerel and The Fox

A dog and a cockerel who met while on a journey decided to travel together. Night fell. The cockerel went to sleep up in a tree and the dog settled down at the base of the trunk. Just before dawn, as was his custom, the cock crowed. He was overheard by a fox who rushed up and said, 'What a magnificent voice! Come down, I want to congratulate you.'

'I'm afraid I can't,' replied the cockerel. 'The doorman of this hotel is asleep and I can't come down until he wakes up.' 'I'll wake him up right now,' promised the fox. The dog leapt up, growled and the fox fled.

4. NATHIYAMOHANRAJA

HOME MAKER
    The Clever Barber

One day, a barber was going to the next village. On the way he had to pass through a forest full of wild animals. Suddenly all his worst fears came true. A fierce lion came and stood before him. But the barber gathered courage and went to the lion. The lion was surprised to see the barber acting this way.

The barber said, "Ah! Here you are and I have been searching all the nearby forests to look for you."

The lion was taken aback at the barber's words. With some fear in his heart, he asked the barber, "But why were you looking for me?"

The barber replied, "The king had asked me to catch two lions for him. I have already caught one of them. I guess you will be the next one."

And then the barber took a mirror and put it before the lion's face. The lion saw his reflection and mistook it for another lion.

So the lion ran away to save his life and the clever barber went on his way.

5. NATHIYAMOHANRAJA

HOME MAKER
    The Cockerel, The Cat And The Mouse

An inexperienced little mouse set off on a journey. He came across a cockerel. Never having seen one before, the little mouse was so afraid of the cockerel's beak, its feathers and red crest, that he ran off as fast as he could. Further on, the mouse saw a cat. What a handsome animal, he thought; what a soft fur, what striking eyes!

When mouse got back home, he told his mother what he had seen.

"You silly mouse,' his mother said, 'Never go by appearances. The terrible animal that you saw was a harmless cockerel while the fine looking one is our enemy, the cat.'

6. NATHIYAMOHANRAJA

HOME MAKER
    The Boastful Athlete

There was once a very loud-mouthed and ambitious athlete who was not, however, very talented. One day, tired of being booed at by the crowd, he decided to leave and seek his fortune abroad.

When he finally returned, he was forever telling stories of his victories.

'In London,' he would say, 'I jumped so high I was out of sight. If you don't believe me, go and ask anyone who was there.'

'There is no need,' said a listener. 'Why don't you pretend you're in London and jump out of sight right now?'

7. NATHIYAMOHANRAJA

HOME MAKER
    Teeth of The Elephant

Once a hungry mouse found a small nut. He started to bite into it but its cover was hard and thick. The mouse's tiny teeth could not cut into it. The irritated mouse prayed aloud to God, "Oh God! Why did you give me such tiny teeth? I have food here but I cannot eat."

Immediately he heard God's voice, "Dear Mouse, go and look at the other animals teeth. Whosoever's teeth you like, will be given to you."

So the mouse went to the forest nearby. He looked at the teeth of many animals living there. But he did not like their teeth at all. At last the mouse went to the elephant. He was much impressed by the long, white tusks of the elephant. The little mouse asked the elephant, "Sir, are you happy with your long beautiful teeth?"

At this, the elephant replied, "Friend, these teeth are just for show. I cannot use them to chew food like you do. At least you don't have to bear the heavy weight of your teeth."

Hearing this, the mouse thanked God for giving him the tiny teeth.

8. NATHIYAMOHANRAJA

HOME MAKER
    The Sun and The Wind

To see which was the stronger, the sun and the wind challenged each other to strip the clothes from the first passerby.

The wind puffed with all the air in its lungs. But the more it blew the more the man drew his clothes tight around him and feeling a bit cold he even pulled on a cloak.

The sun didn't do anything so strenuous. All it did was shine. And gradually the man grew hotter and hotter until he took off all his clothes to go for a swim.

This just goes to show that gentle persuasion is more effective than violence.

9. NATHIYAMOHANRAJA

HOME MAKER
    Help Yourself

Once, two mice entered a dairy. As they were looking for something to eat, they slipped and fell into a large-drum full of milk. They did not know how to swim. Soon they started drowning.

Both of them started struggling to stay afloat. One of the mice said, "Friend, I think we are going to drown. No one can help us now. I wish God would send someone to help us!"

The other mouse calmly said, "Do not be afraid my friend. We must not lose heart. We must keep trying."

But a few minutes later, the first mouse gave up hope. He did not try and so he drowned. The other mouse saw his friend drowning in the milk and felt very sorry.

He kept moving his legs to try to keep afloat. Soon this had a churning effect and a thick layer of cream fat was formed on the milk's surface. With great effort, the mouse climbed the creamy layer and jumped out to safety. The mouse realized that God helps those who help themselves.

10. NATHIYAMOHANRAJA

HOME MAKER
    Save The Green Earth

God created this whole wonderful world. He made it beautiful, happy and green. There were large green fields with grass and colourful flowers. Then God made birds and animals to live in the meadows and the fields, the woods and the forests. After that God created Man to take care of his beautiful creations. He made Man as the most intelligent and best of all his creations.

But then, God had some doubt in his mind. He wondered if Man would really take good care of his creations. So he warned Man, "You must keep earth as green and as beautiful as I have created it. Do not commit any sin when you go to Earth. Or as a punishment the earth will lose its beauty and will turn into a vast desert."

Soon Man forgot God's warning. He started stealing, lying and committing other sins. So Earth turned into a vast desert. But when Man realized his mistake, then God forgave him. That is why there is still some greenery left on the Earth yet.