Raghuram Rajan AFake Quote On PNB Scam

Discussion in 'Ideas & Discussion' started by Known Stranger, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Known Stranger

Known Stranger New Member

A survivor
    Pure, Utter Rubbish,” Says Raghuram Rajan About Fake Quote On PNB Scam
    File Pic: Raghuram Rajan, Former Governor, RBI
    Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan has rubbished a fake quote attributed to him that claimed he had warned Congress President Rahul Gandhi and former finance minister P Chidambaram about Nirav Modi and about financial irregularities at Punjab National Bank, during his tenure.
    Rajan, who is currently at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, has not spoken to the media so far about the Rs 11,400 crore fraud at Punjab National Bank ever since it made headlines on February 14 and roiled India’s already stressed public banks sector.
    Several readers sent BOOM an image of Rajan that was circulating on WhatsApp, along with a quote that attributed the following statement to him – “I had warned Rahul Gandhi and P Chidambaram about frauds of Nirav Modi. But they forced me to remain quiet and kept approving the loans till May 2014. Why am I being blamed for the PNB scam now?.”
    In an exclusive email response to BOOM, Rajan said, “This is pure, utter rubbish, put out by motivated sources. You can say I said that, to anyone who wants to listen.”
    BOOM looked for the quote on social media and found that several individuals believed it to be genuine. A few individuals shared the quote image that had fake news and propaganda website Postcard News’ logo on it.

https://www.boomlive.in/pure-utter-rubbish-says-raghuram-rajan-about-fake-quote-on-pnb-scam/amp/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2018