Reply provided to a student who posed a question to the Reservation Panel

Discussion in 'Kids Special' started by NATHIYAMOHANRAJA, Jan 18, 2019.

1. NATHIYAMOHANRAJA

NATHIYAMOHANRAJA Well-Known Member

HOME MAKER
    Reply provided to a student who posed a question to the Reservation Panel - GOI, in wake of the new reservation policy of government of India:
    *Question posed*:
    My dad is working in a MNC with annual income of 20 lakhs, my mother is working in a MNC with annual income of 20 Lakhs . I have passed 10th and am willing to secure a medical seat. My both the parents lost job due to rescission and so properties are in loan and ceased. Will I be eligible to avail 10% quota for poor?? After securing the seat my parents will search for new job.

*Answer by Reservation Panel Officer, Govt. Of India*:
    You are in 11th class, you still have more than one year for your parents to get new job when you take up online submission of NEET form, when you will be required to upload current jobless documentation of your parents ..Yes, you will be eligible to avail 10% quota for poor, provided your parents annual income is below 8 lakhs now . But in case you have further plans to secure MD/MS under 10% quota for poor, advise them to postpone the job search till then.
    And, thank you for bringing the loophole to our notice. On a personal note, I think - instead of doing medicine, you should join Politics.